My kids live in their Crocs all summer long. As a ma, they are one of the best shoes for kids because they are all terrain-proof. I mean, my kids play in the dirt, water, mire, sandpaper all in their Crocs. And they easily rinse clean for ongoing play with fair water .
*This position contains affiliate links and I am an affiliate with Amazon. This means that if you click-through and make a buy I receive a small commission ( at no cost to you ). I only write and back products I personally use, beloved and what I find helpful in being an amazing ma. For more details, Click here
But after a while, the Crocs can start to look beat up and will need a deep scavenge. I will plowshare with you the best way to clean your Crocs and 5 facts you didn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate know to help you make them last .
What is the best way to clean crocs?
Keeping my kyd ’ sulfur Crocs looking newly all spring and Summer long requires me to occasionally wash them every few weeks. But I normally buy them two pairs a class so they can still rock them even if I need to clean one couple .
The best way to clean Crocs is with balmy soap and a magic eraser. It is straightforward to do, and the magic eraser will get out the deep dirt that is in the horseshoe .
How to hand wash your Crocs
- Prepare your cleaning area When cleaning your Crocs you are going to want to clean them in a sink, tub, or outside since you will remove crap. I prefer my kitchen bury or outdoors since I don ’ t have a slop bury.
If heading outdoors you will want your garden hose or a bucket to fill with water.
- Pre-Rinse You will want to rinse your Crocs off first to remove equally much loose crap as possible. You will want to use cool water system. If you have fur-lined Crocs, you will want to remove the fur. Say What ? ! *Tip number one you credibly didn ’ thymine know about fur-lined Crocs. I will explain how to remove this below.
- Magic Eraser nowadays you will take your Magic Eraser and begin to scrub all around inside and out. The ground in soil will take a little more friction, but it should come out.
- Add cleaning agent Add soap to your water/bucket/basin or immediately onto your Crocs. Before the modern Dawn Platnium Powerwash came out, I would add even dawn or natural dish detergent soap to my water. But now I spray directly on my Crocs. The Dawn Platnium is pretty amazing !
- Cleaning the holes Since Crocs have tons of holes, you may find dirt/stuff inside. There are a few tools you can use. An honest-to-god soup-strainer, a chaff clean ( preceptor ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate practice it to clean your straws after 😉 ) A organ pipe clean from your trade supplies.
- Cleaning the inside/Sole Reaching inside of the Croc can be slippery as crap does build in there, and you want to remove all germs, bacteria from inside so your feet stay clean. I found using a baby bottle brush from the dollar shop works well.
- Final Rinse once you are satisfy with your scrubbing military action, rinse your Crocs completely.
- Let Air dry in the shade or inside After you have washed your Crocs, be certain to let them air dry out of calculate sunlight.
- Extra Step ( Shine ) This step is a personal preference. Suppose you want to renew the shine of your Crocs once you have cleaned them. You can use the Crocs butter that is sold. You can check that out here. I personally have never used it.
now I will say others have used Armorial, but personally, I wouldn ’ thyroxine put anything chemically-based for a cable car on my shoes. For fear of it getting on my clamber.
however, there have been varying opinions on the Crocs butter, and some complained about the 6.99 dollar price. People have said it doesn ’ metric ton final.
I don ’ triiodothyronine manipulation it, specially for my child ’ randomness Crocs which is why I say personal preference.
pin me for later
5 Facts About Cleaning Crocs You Didn’t Know
- You can remove the inside lining of your fur-lined Crocs! Yes, it’s true. All you have to do is look for the two Croc circles on each side of the shoe. The fur is holding on because the Croc circles are actually acting as buttons. So you can easily remove the fur lining.
- You can wash your fur-lined Crocs! Naturally, you would wonder, well, now that the fur is out, can I wash it. The answer is yes! With a mild soap, you can wash the fur by hand and hang it to dry. AVOID putting the liners in the wash; they will lose their shape and stretch.
- Your Croc’s can shrink!! In extreme heat, your Crocs will actually shrink. That means do not leave them outside to dry in extreme heat. Do not place them in the dryer. And be cautious when leaving them in the hot car.
- You can disinfect them since foot odor typically stays at bay in these shoes because they are made with antibacterial material. But if they do get stinky, there are 3 ways to remove odor from your Crocs.
- Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda or Borax mix a paste and water and scrub
- Spray them with vinegar and baking soda and wipe them down
- Use a Norwex cleaning cloth with water and spray them after with Clean Smart spray. This spray even helps with athletes’ feet. By keeping it at bay and removing up to 99% of germs.
- DON’T USE HOT WATER! When cleaning your Crocs, do not use hot water as this can cause them to warp. Remember, extreme heat will cause them to shrink at most, maybe warm water.
Can I put my crocs in the washing machine?
so if you head over to Croc ’ s website, they will tell you it is safe to place your Croc ’ sulfur in your car. personally, I don ’ thyroxine think it ’ s a beneficial idea and hera is why .
One of the reasons why Crocs are great water shoes for kids is that they float. They are made out of foam-like material. So what happens in the machine ? They float to the top .
second, it could cause damage to either the shoe or your machine ’ south agitator. So this one is another personal preference, and I would use it at your own risk ! 🤷♀️
I want my Croc ’ s to concluding, and I need my wash machine. Like I would die without it.
Read more: 15 Best Matte Nail Polishes To Try in 2021
so there you have it, the simple method to get your kid ’ south Crocs looking like new again and yours. And care tips for your Crocs that can help them last long. The hard part is deciding on what Croc charms your kids want and how many you will actually get them .
They are so fun and you can in truth add personality to your Crocs