Nails consist of hard keratin keratin, a protein found in the skin and hair. Nail and nail health is good, with a smooth, glossy appearance, one color and no blemishes.
There are many causes of yellowing and rough nails such as nail polish continuously for a long time, being contaminated with chemicals in washing powder, dishwashing liquid, detergent … or not cleaning the inside of the nail. often … In addition to the problem of weak and brittle nails, the body is not enough nutrients, especially calcium in daily meals. If you can’t care for yourself, ask a nail technician to help you.
In addition to the time you come to the nail salon on schedule, you should also know how to take care of your nails so you can keep your hands and feet more beautiful, and your nails are less damaged.
The process of nail care is as follows:
– First, when starting the nail care, you need to apply a little softening cream on the fingers and feet, then massage the cream into the skin, helping the excess skin soft, easy to cut.
– Using pliers disinfected with alcohol 70 degrees, cut off any excess skin (dead cells). Be careful not to cut the skin too deeply to hurt your fingers and feet. After cleaning the skin, you use pliers to trim the short nails and file the nail shape to your liking.
– Next, clean the nails with lemon juice, then wipe the inside and outside of the nails with a cotton ball. Wipe with dry towel.
– If you want your nails to look faster, apply a few drops of olive oil on your nails, then use a nail brush or a piece of leather cloth to polish the top of the nail.
– If the nail surface is not glossy, use a sponge to polish the nail. However, do not overdo this operation because it will lose the nail protection layer, making the nail more and more rough.
– In addition to nail care, you should note that, if the nail is painted continuously for a long time, the nail surface will stain and completely lose its smooth appearance. Moreover, the paint also weakens the nails by not being able to “breathe” and exposing to the natural environment. So limit nail polish or paint only when necessary. After painting about 2-3 days, should clean to keep nails clear.
When your nails are damaged, you need to protect and maintain your nails even more by:
– Do not paint nails, if necessary, only choose good paints to better protect the nails. It is best to apply only one layer of nail polish.
When you are painting your nail and want to change it, limit the use of nail polish remover. If you want you should only use 1-2 times / month and absolutely avoid nail polish removers containing acetone, compounds that cause dryness and damage to nails.
– Use nail cream regularly every evening. Using honey and lemon extract creams will help nourish damaged nail cuticles. You can massage gently and evenly around the nail before going to bed and massage gently. Nail massage helps stimulate blood flow to that area, stimulating growth and healthier nails. You can also use a moisturizer to massage your hands and nail area instead of a nail cream.
– When doing housework, you should wear gloves to protect your hands and nails better: cooking, washing dishes, cleaning houses, gardens … Detergents are the cause of roughness and roughness nail. Besides sandy soil, bacteria easily contaminate and damage nails.
– Thin, weak, soft nails are a result of a deficiency of vitamins and minerals in the diet. Sometimes showing nail health is a sign of serious illnesses like diabetes or heart disease. Taking care of your nails and avoiding bad agents also contribute to your health.
– Provide daily vitamins: Nails as well as hair, are part of the body made of protein called keratin horn. Vitamins are essential for the synthesis of nutrients to keep nails healthy and shiny. Lack of vitamins A, C and calcium can cause dry, brittle nails.
So, for your nails, add to your diet every day: salmon, mackerel, pears and other foods rich in fatty acids and vitamin E. Also add a source of biotin-rich foods in your diet. Diets such as liver, eggs, whole rice, cauliflower, avocado, etc. will help your nails be healthier and less likely to break.
– Do not abuse the use of nails: Sometimes you do not pay attention and often use your nails to open the can of water, pick up vegetables … all this will be long-term damage to the nails, instead you should use the Other replacement items.
– Drink plenty of water: Water is important for human health and helps nails avoid drying, maintaining moisture not only for nails but also for the skin of hair and many other parts.
The note when drawing nails:
Before painting, your nails need to be cleaned to remove the natural oil from the nails, making new ones stronger. If you don’t have the old paint, you can also clean it with a piece of orange wrapped in a cloth and close to your fingertips.
If you want the nail color not to peel off or scratch, sweep the brush over the tip of the nail, allowing the color to cover slightly. Thin multi-layer scanning is more beautiful and durable than a really thick layer. Wait until the previous color layer is really dry and sticky, then apply another layer of paint.
If damaged, remove the brushed paint by moistening a cotton ball (if the paint has dried, apply nail remover solution), place in the middle of the nail, press firmly, rubbing toward the tip of the nail. Repeat until the section is clear. Continue to do so with the other directions.
After painting, the nail surface looks dry after 10 minutes, but it takes 1 hour for the nail set to dry completely.
Daily, if you don’t have nail care solution, apply some cooking oil on the nail surface to prevent the paint from cracking. If well-kept, your nails can hold for 1-2 weeks, the color in the toenails is 2-4 weeks.
Make your own nail and foot / nail care mixture:
1. Aloe leaves have a strong effect on removing yellow stains on the nails. After buying aloe vera leaves, wash and remove the skin, cut the leaves very thin, crush and apply on the nails. Apply to your nails 15-20 minutes a day and then rinse your nails with warm water. Don’t forget to dry your hands with a soft towel.
Or: ¼ cup of sugar, a few drops of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel just enough to make a flexible mixture. Mix well, scoop 1 spoon on your hands, gently massage to help exfoliate and rinse with warm water. While your hands are still damp, apply lotion. The rest you put in the refrigerator to use. The best time to moisturize your hands is after you’ve showered. At this time, the pores are enlarged, easily absorbing all nutrients.
How to soften hands: Before going to bed, apply vaseline and cotton gloves. When you wake up in the morning you will see immediate results.
2. Soak your nails in olive oil:
For nails that have thin and weak appearance, you should soak in pure olive oil for 10-15 minutes a day, do it continuously for 01 month, then gradually reduce it to just 2 times / week. This is an inexpensive way to help your nails become healthier.
The combination of olive oil and lemon juice is also the simplest homemade recipe you can do to help promote nail growth naturally. Mix two tablespoons of olive oil with 10 drops of lemon juice and store in an airtight container and apply it to your nails daily, you will find your nails strong and grow significantly faster after a week of implementation. In addition to olive oil, you can also use other natural oils such as almond oil, flaxseed oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil … very rich in vitamin E and natural fats to help nails grow faster. than.
3. Beeswax and chicken egg yolk
Wax your nails with beeswax, egg yolks, olive oil for healthier nails. Accordingly, you should soak 4g of water in hot water to melt the wax. Squeeze the egg yolk after it has been boiled and then mixed with wax. Then, add a few drops of olive oil to form a thick ointment-like paste and apply it to the nail and the skin around the nail. You can use this method for nails 2-3 times a month.
4. Strawberries. Both strawberries and baking soda are good at removing stains. You only need to crush 4-5 strawberries then mix with a teaspoon of baking soda. Apply mixture and massage your fingers and leave on for 10 minutes. Finally, wash your hands with warm water and pat dry with a soft cloth.
5. Coffee and red pepper. Mix half a teaspoon of red pepper, 10 drops of boiling water and a teaspoon of cream and then apply on nails. Wait 15-20 minutes and wash your nails with water. You should only use this mask once a month to enhance promoting nail growth.
6. Sour fruit juice. For this method, you can use any sour fruits like Greek grapes, cranberries, lemons, so use these berries to scrub your nails and the skin around your nails.
7. Nail care with salt. A glass of warm water with a spoon of salt is dissolved, then add iodine. Put your nails into this mixture for 15-20 minutes to strengthen your nails and prevent splitting.
8. Glycerin and rose water. You can make a safe and healthy home remedy at home with a mixture of 1 teaspoon of glycerin, a few drops of lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon rose water. This formula can be applied daily to restore the natural color of nails, clean, healthy nails and the skin around the nails is soft, dry, calloused, lumpy.