This specialization shop helps patients during their cancer journey by offering breast forms, brassiere fittings, dress, skin care products and more. There are besides services providing wigs, head coverings, scarves and other accessories available to our patients. Learn more .
Hours : Monday–Thursday, 9:30am–4pm, 1st Floor of Young Pavilion
Our all-faith chapel service is open to patients, caregivers and visitors. It is located on the 3rd Floor behind the operator ’ sulfur desk.
Hours : open every day, 8am–8pm
Fox Chase offers language services to patients who want to receive their healthcare information in a terminology other than English. These services are offered at no cost and include :
- Clinicians and staff who speak many languages and are credentialed to talk with patients
- Face-to-face professional medical interpreters, including American Sign Language interpreters
- Video remote interpreters, especially for American Sign Language
- Special telephones (up to 239 languages) to connect you with a professional medical interpreter. These telephone units can be found throughout Fox Chase, including at our satellite offices.
- If you would like to receive your healthcare information in a language other than English, please tell our registration staff and remind your care team.
The Fox Chase Cancer Center Pharmacy serves Fox Chase clinic patients and inpatients and carries a rate of medicine for their care, including oral peculiarity chemotherapy drugs much not promptly available in local anesthetic retail pharmacies. Oncology-trained pharmacists offer prescription drug medicine guidance in a patient- friendly environment. We participate with most major insurers covering Pharmacy Benefits and Medicare Part D benefits. Contact your policy caller to determine your specific coverage. Hours : Monday–Friday, 9am–6pm, 1st Floor of Young Pavilion
The independent finish of Pastoral Care Services is to offer a compassionate presence, provide religious and emotional support, and encourage hope. oncology chaplains are available to visit patients in the hospital on a regular basis and upon request .
Pet Visitation Program
To give comfort, volunteers with pets visit patients throughout Fox Chase. Inpatients may ask for a pet visit through their nurse or by calling the volunteer department. Pet visits must be approved by a nurse and your roommate .
This form of energy healing relies on a easy touch and simple transfer of department of energy to promote bring around of the mind, soundbox and spirit. Reiki is free for caregivers and patients. If you would like a reiki session, please call us with the date and fourth dimension desired. Your request will be sent to the reiki practitioners. All efforts will be made to fill your request. Learn more .
Resource and Education Center (REC)
215-214-1618 | FoxChase.org/REC | RecStaff @ fccc.edu
The Philip E. and Naomi P. Lippincott Resource and Education Center ( REC ) is a affected role and family eruditeness center. We offer accurate data you can trust to all Fox Chase patients and their families, people at bad, staff and the public. Our staff is hera to help you learn more about cancer hazard, prevention, screening and discussion, including clinical trials. If you need support services, we can besides refer you to early Fox Chase departments and programs or to local and national organizations. Resources include :
- Health educators onsite to help you
- Visitor computers with internet access and reviewed websites
- iPads, brochures, books, fact sheets and newsletters on health and cancer-related topics
- Charging stations for your phones and tablets
- Community resources
- Information about other Fox Chase programs, such as the Patient-to-Patient Network and MyFoxChase portal
We offer two commodious locations within the hospital :
- Young Pavilion hallway near the East Garage entrance
- Women’s Cancer Center lobby (This location offers printed materials only.)
Hours : Monday–Friday, 8am–4pm
Social Work Services
Services are dislodge and confidential. For more information and/or aid, call 215-728-2668 .
Oncology social workers are available to help Fox Chase patients and their families. social workers hold a maestro of social workplace ( MSW ) degree, which required them to complete two years of a graduate program in social work after completing their college studies. They are trained in how to help people deal with the many life changes that can result from having a chronic disease, like cancer. Our sociable shape services team can help with :
- Worry and distress in response to your diagnosis and treatment
- Difficulty talking together as a family regarding your cancer diagnosis
- Counseling for you, your family and/or caregivers
- Talking to children about a parent’s cancer
- Effects of cancer on work, school and finances
- Managing the physical and emotional side effects of treatment
- Dealing with advanced cancer, facing uncertainty and survivorship issues
- Worsening prognosis and end-of-life discussions • Communicating with doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers
- Advance medical directives, such as a living will and durable power of attorney for health care
- Counseling regarding the discharge planning process
- Navigating the healthcare system
- Figuring out if a support group would be helpful for you or your family
- Accessing community resources
- Discussing transportation options to and from the hospital for treatment