The Best way to avoid smudging your nails
You spend the time to paint your nails and it looks perfect and a second subsequently, Dah
It ‘s very thwart when I smudge my nail art or my mani .
The first base thing is to look at what type of nail system are you using. The normal nail down polish, that dries in air, is always prone to be smudged because it takes a very long time to in full dry .
When mousse smash polishes first came out, there were hard to use. however the technology has improved thus much that anyone can paint their own nails at home using mousse collar polish. So the easiest way to ensure your nails are not smudged, is to use gel nail polishes.
Why do we love gel nail polishes?
not only they are superintendent easy to apply, they besides stopping point a identical long time. If you follow the right steps, then your gel nail polish can final 3-8 weeks .
It is authoritative to remember there are a few types of gel nail polishes in the market and the quality and lastingness varies massively .
The two big key differences are the type of gelatin pinpoint polish and quality of the product you are using .
present, there are complete kits that give you everything you need to paint your nails at home like you are in a nail salon such as :
Type of gel nail polish
You can have hybrid gel nail polish or pure gelatin nail polish .
A hybrid gel smash polish contains normal polish, aka lacquer, and gelatin nail polish. This is why these gel nail polishes entirely last 1-2 weeks before they start chipping. The remainder in quality of these polishes are the proportion of normal collar polish or gel breeze through polish. You will besides notice that these gel nail polishes are thick in consistency which means we need to apply superintendent flimsy layers .
A pure gel nail down polish is the type of gel pinpoint polish that only contains mousse. This means this gelatin pinpoint polish lasts a identical long clock time, typically 3-8 weeks .
Quality of gel nail polishes
Depending on the formula and the ingredients used, your mousse nail down polish can final longer or less time. The more premium the component, the longer your polish lasts .
Another super authoritative factor in timbre is the chemical make up of the ingredients. In another word, how thoroughly or harmful are they. Some mousse collar polish have very harmful chemical in them that are not only badly for your nails but besides super bad for you. At Mitty, we are identical passionate about educating everyone to understand what is being used. This is why all Mitty gel nail products are 10 free .
What does 10 free means when it comes to gel nail polishes?
10 free in nail industry means products such as gelatin breeze through polishes and builder gels that are spare from the 10 clear nasty chemicals that are bad for you. These are :
- Parabens: Parabens have been suspected endocrine disruptors, causing damage to your hormonal organization. other studies have confirmed that parabens can mimic the hormone estrogen in the consistency, which can disrupt normal bodily functions, arsenic well as lead to tumors and cancerous cells .
- TPHP: normally referred to as a plasticizer, adenine well as a open fire retardant, TPHP has been proven to alter hormonal health and functionality in the body. In essence, this chemical can completely change your health, regulative functions, and even generative health due to its chemical writing .
- Tert-Butyl Hydroperoxide: This chemical may be toxic to blood, lungs, liver, and respiratory systems, arsenic well as the nervous arrangement .
- Toluene: Studies have suggested that this chemical can cause aflutter system deterioration and immune, kidney, liver-colored, and reproductive damage.This chemical is used to help polish dry firm .
- Xylene: This toxin has been known to cause headaches and migraines, vitamin a well as skittish system depressive disorder .
- Camphor: This chemical can cause headaches, nausea, and dizziness
- Dibutyl Phthalate: This chemical can cause a respiratory irritant when inhaled in big volumes and can be linked to the development of cancerous cells, tumors, and a diverseness of other complications .
- Ethyl Tosylamide: This chemical is suspected to cause generative health complications. It is significant to note that this chemical is banned in some countries such as european Commission however be careful when buying on-line from early countries and websites that are not 10 free as they can still be used and shipped. For model this product is not banned in USA .
- Formaldehyde: This same chemical is used for embalming fluid on corpses, which should put it into position for you how bad it is when used on mousse products. This chemical is can cause respiratory and skin aggravation, long-run exposure to formaldehyde can be linked to cancerous development .
- Formaldehyde Resin: This is the base chemical that releases the formaldehyde we consume .
Some studies have even found that the come of chemicals floating in the air at many pinpoint salons exceeds the amount of chemicals found in notoriously chemically-filled places, like car garages. other studies have proven that these chemicals can be a threat to pregnancy health and hormonal regulation in women carrying children. This is why it is important that you choose 10 spare .
How to apply gel nail polish
Gel nail polishes are easy to use. The most important thing is to make sure you have everything you need and follow these steps .
- Prepare your nails by pushing the cuticle back.
- Gently buff the nail surface, using a Mitty 180/180 Grit file.
- Apply Mitty PH Bonder, let air dry.
- Apply Mitty Gel Primer, let air dry.
- Apply a thin layer of Mitty clear base coat. Cure for 30 seconds in Mitty 54W LED Lamp.
- Apply a thin layer of gel polish and cure for 30 seconds in Mitty 54W LED Lamp. Repeat this step.
- Apply non wipe top coat and cure for 60 seconds in Mitty 54W LED Lamp.
PLEASE NOTE: Curing time may differ depending on the voltage of your LED nail lamp.
How to remove gel nail polish super easy
It is extremely significant to ensure your remove your gel nail polish correctly so that you do n’t damage your natural nails .
- File your applied gel polish to remove seal with Mitty 100/100 Grit file.
- Cut a cotton pad into 4 pieces.
- Soak the pad with pure acetone.
- Slip the pad inside Mitty Polish off Soakie and slide the Soakie onto your finger. (You can use aluminum foil as well; however we ask that you consider the impact on the environment)
- Wait 10-15 minutes.
- Using a cuticle pusher, remove the gel polish. Repeat previous steps if polish is not fully removed.
- Buff your nails.
- Use Mitty Cuticle oil to moisturise your cuticles and nails.
And more tips to ensure your smash polish lasts
There are a few things we can do here to protect my new nails :
Working on clean nails
A perfect complete artwork invention starts with arrant clean nails. greasy nails allow the complete polish to stay wet and smudge easier. Clean your nails with alcohol to remove the undesirable oils and dust .
For a extremely clean and jerk nails, you can besides use a Mitty ph bonder and Primer particularly if you are using gel polish. These products remove excess oil from your nails and help the polish to adhere to your nails .
When applying base coat
It is very authoritative to use a base coat. not only will this prepare your nails with a smooth canvas for that amaze nail art idea, but besides will avoid your nails being stained by the nail polish. I like using gel products as they last longer and consequently I use Mitty clear Base coat. This product needs to be cured under LED lamp .
When applying Top coating
It is very authoritative to apply clear coat. It makes your complete artwork design shine .
If you are using normal nail down polish, make indisputable to apply a thin layer of coat. A heavy crown coat means that it takes longer to dry and you have to wait much longer to apply the second coat .
A thoroughly trick to check to see if your collar polish is dry is to gently touch two nails together. If you can separate them without a muggy touch, then your pinpoint polish is dry. I like this tip because you can touch the two sides and if your polish is silent moisture, your solid nail art design is not ruined .
however if you want your nails to in truth shine and last longer, we strongly recommend you to apply a mousse top coat like Mitty crown coating .
How to dry your pinpoint art flying if you are using normal smash polish
There are a act of tricks that we can do to help our nail down artwork design dry flying .
Apply oil on freshly painted nails:
oil will accelerate the dry march. I use atomizer oil however you can empty an honest-to-god complete polish and wash the bottle. then fill it with olive oil and apply it like collar polish .
Ice baby Ice:
Icy water helps solidify the pinpoint polish and therefore it dries faster. Dip your nails into a bowl of arctic water and wait a few seconds .
Use ready products:
There are many products such as drops and sprays out there that help expedite the dry process .
Don’t have hot shower after you have finished your nail art design
never ever have a hot shower after designing or evening painting your nails. It is o to wash your hands with cool water however hot water or steam can cause your polish to smudge.
Have tips & tricks that you like to share ? Why not comment below or email us at information @ mitty.com.au
Category : Nail polish