Here are some ways to care for your polishes and prevent them from getting too thick:
- Store the bottle in a cool dark place with a consistent temperature that’s not too hot or cold. Avoid bathrooms as the temperature is constantly changing with the showers and humid atmosphere.
- Keep it away from direct sunlight and heat as most formulas are flammable.
- Store the bottle upright in the shelf or drawer.
- Finally, know when to say goodbye. Nail polish just like makeup has its own shelf life too. If it’s become too sludge-like just toss the bottles and make peace with it.
Keep reading to check out how to salvage your thick, goopy nail polishes:
1. Use a nail polish thinner
This is actually the best method acting to solve your breeze through polish woes and restore its consistency without destroying the product. normally, many nail polish brands have thinners of their own you can choose from.
- Use an eyedropper if possible to add a drop or two at a time into the bottle.
- Screw the nail polish bottle cap back on and rub the bottle between your hands to mix the formula. Avoid shaking the bottle as it creates air bubbles that can affect the consistency.
- Test the consistency of the polish on your nail.
- If it’s not quite right to add a drop and try again. However, be careful not to add too much. The polish might get too runny and you won’t be able to re-thicken it again.
OPI Nail Lacquer Thinner | (Source: www.opi.com)
2. Mix the polish
gently mixing your collar polish works if the product has thickened just a little bite. Make surely the bottle is sealed and turn it top devour. then roll it between your hands for a few minutes. This helps to gently warm up the polish and help thin it out. Remember, as we mentioned above, shaking international relations and security network ’ t the way to go as it creates air bubbles that can cause nail down polish to chip quickly. It can besides cause the merchandise to become thick, thus shake at your own gamble .Red Nail polish In Female Hands By ProgressMan | www.shutterstock.com
3. Hot water
If rubbing the polish between your hands doesn ’ thymine quite do the job and you are out of lacquer thin, hot water system is a great magic trick. All you have to do is run the bottle under hot water to heat the polish. This will temporarily thin out the formula. The best direction to implement this method acting would be to pour hot water in a roll and leave the bottle in for about 2 minutes. Next, remove the bottle cautiously as it can be very hot, so please wield with caution. You need to then roll the bottle back in forth in your hands to mix the polish inside.
Glass Bowl Of Water By Oykumena | www.shutterstock.com
4. Add pure acetone or nail polish remover
I would merely suggest this as your last haunt when you ’ re trying to use up the last bits before tossing the bottle. Adding a few drops and mixing the bottle will thin your polish but it ’ mho only thoroughly for short-run results. While it does work as a quick situate, the acetone will break down the formula and ruin your pinpoint polish. If you ’ ve got to this phase it ’ s credibly time to wave adieu to your old complete polish.
Original Product Remover | (Source: www.opi.com) Have you tried any of these methods before ? Let us know in the comments what worked best for you. P.S : Follow @ missmalinifashion and @ missmalinibeauty on Instagram for more updates .
Category : Nail polish