A split complete can be irritating, frustrating, and inconvenient. It tends to snag on fabrics and other objects. When it does, the rent on the nail can worsen. That is why you have to repair a nail splitting vertically promptly before it gets worse .
In this article, we ’ ll go through how to fix a vertical split nail, and besides go over some tips on how to prevent them .
What Causes Split Nails ?
Split nails can be ascribable to a variety show of causes. For some people, these splits are ineluctable because of the nature of work that they do. however, knowing the causal agent can help effectively prevent it. here are a few causes of rent nails .
- Moisture – When the nails are exposed to moisture for a prolonged period of time, it can weaken. It makes the nail easier to bend, break or split. Overexposure to moisture includes some of the everyday chores such as doing the dishes, hand washing or even too much use of nail polish.
- Nail Biting – Nail-biting is another physical cause of split nails. Whether the person is anxious or if nail-biting is just a bad habit, it can stress the nail and cause it to split.
- Injury – Physically injuring your finger or nail tip can cause the nails to split. This can be due to what you’re working on or certain circumstances or accidents.
- Infection – Due to bacteria, nail fungus or yeast, the nail bed can be infected. The nail doesn’t immediately split but the texture of the nails change. This weakens the nails and them more likely to split.
- Diseases – Some diseases may also cause split nails. This may be due to health issues or because there the body lacks a specific nutrient. Some examples of diseases that may cause split nails are the liver disease, kidney disease, thyroid disease, or skin cancers.
How To Prevent Nail Splitting Vertically
A vertical split nail is never good ! so before the problem manifests, you should find ways to prevent it. here are a few tips to prevent nails from splitting .
- Keep your nails clean
- Avoid prolonged exposure of your hands and feet to the water or moisture.
- Moisturize your cuticles with products like the CND Essential Nail & Cuticle Oil shown above.
- Try a nail hardening product like the Kapa Nui Nail Strengthener.
- Stop biting your nails.
- Avoid harsh products for your nails like polish removers.
- Take supplements for better nail health like Biotin.
How To Fix a vertical Split Nail
If you have a split pinpoint, it is significant that you treat or remedy it vitamin a quickly as possible to prevent it from worsening .
hera are a few methods that you can try :
Glue Nail Repair Method
This is the simplest method acting, and it only involves using glue .
- Remove your nail polish – If the affected nail has nail polish on it, you need remove it first with a nail polish remover. Make sure to gently remove it from the nails. Use a piece of cotton with some acetone. Place this on top of the nail to let it soak and avoid rubbing it in to avoid staining the nail.
- Wash your hand with soap and water – The next thing you should do is to make sure that your finger and nail is clean. Do this by washing it with soap and water. This will lessen the risk of infecting the nail.
- Use your nail glue – Nail glue like the IBD Brush-On Nail Glue shown above can be used. Although it is usually used for attaching artificial nails or tips, it can also help glue natural nails together. Apply a small amount of glue and gently press the nail back together.
- Let the glue set and harden – Some nail glue easily dry up and harden but may take a while. You should select quick-drying ones so you won’t have to hold the nail in place for a long time.
- Reapply nail polish if desired – Once the glue is dry, you can reapply your nail polish. This can also help strengthen the nail and cover the split or crack.
note that you shouldn ’ triiodothyronine do this is the split is going into the nail down bed or is bleeding.
Read more: Top 10 Best Nail Salons in Miami, Florida
Tea Bag or Silk Wrap Method for Split Repair
For this method acting, you will use an ordinary tea cup of tea or silk wrapping to patch the breeze through and join them together. here is how :
- Make sure the nail is clean – The first thing to do is to make sure that the nail is clean. You are going to seal it so whatever is in there will stay in there. You always want to avoid any potential cause of infection so cleaning the nails is always the first step.
- Cut the silk wrap or tea bag to the right size – Silk wraps like the Kalolary Silk Wraps shown above are specially made to help strengthen the nail. These are thin and some already come with adhesives so you can immediately use them. Cut them to the size slightly larger than the fingernail. If you don’t have silk wraps, you can substitute a teabag.
- Stick the silk wrap or tea bag in place – If you are using self-adhesive silk wraps, you can easily put them in place. If you are using a teabag, you should use an adhesive to stick it in place. You may be tempted to use Krazy Glue, but you shouldn’t.
- Use a gel nail polish to further strengthen the nail – This step is optional but it will help strengthen the nail further. Gel polishes harden so it can better hold the split nail together until it grows out and can be cut.
Fake Nail Method for Nail Repair
You can use fake nails not only as decoration but besides as a remedy to your split smash. Fake nails can stick the rent nails together while making them beautiful. here are the steps on how to do that :
- Clip your nails as short as you can – By cutting and filing your nails to remove as much of the split area as you can, you lessen the risk of snagging. Snagging should be avoided because it can extend the split of the nail until it reaches the nailbed. This can be very painful. Just don’t over-file!
- Make sure your nails are clean – Like the other methods, you should make sure that your nails are clean before doing anything with them. Putting a fake nail over a dirty split nail can reduce the sticking power of the adhesive. Furthermore, it can also trap dirt under it.
- Select the fake nail that fits your nail – There are different fake nails you can use. There are some that already have a design on them like the Kiss Gel Fantasy Nails. However, there are also nails that are plain and thinner like the Nailene So Natural Nails.
- Glue it in place – When attaching a fake nail, make sure that you only use a tiny amount of adhesive so that it doesn’t spill over the cuticles or sides of your nail (you probably don’t want to use Krazy Glue). Place a tiny drop at the center of your nail then press the fake nail against it. The adhesive will naturally spread but don’t immediately let go. Allow the adhesive to dry up so that the fake nail really sticks.
- File off the tip and shape the nail – Most fake nails have a stub-like excess at the tip. Don’t forget to file this off because it can also snag. You can also file the nail to shape or to the length that you desire.
- Decorate the nail as you wish – If the fake nail already has a design, there is no need to decorate it. On the other hand, if you used a plain fake nail, then you can add polish to it, use dip powder, or otherwise decorate it just like the rest of your fingernails.
Pro Tip : When selecting the size of a fake complete, make certain to flatten it over the nail to see how it will look once it ’ s attached. many make the err of merely placing the juke complete over the natural one and end up having a wide-eyed fake nail that looks obviously imposter after lotion .
A upright split collar can be caused by a variety show of events. Knowing them will help you prevent them from happening again. however, if you already have a nail cleave vertically, the best thing you can do is to immediately find a remedy .
You don ’ thyroxine want it to snag on something and worsen the cleave. That can lead to throbbing nails, potential infection, and pain.
There are a few ways you can remedy your burst nail down. You can do it immediately at home plate or you can go to a salon and have some professional manage. Salons have lots of nail down products that they can use to help with your cleave complete. If you do your nails at home, you may evening have the supplies needed to remedy your nail on hand .
You can use the glue method acting, tea bulge or silk wrapping method, or the imposter pinpoint method. Regardless, the goal here is to connect the split nail and let it grow until such time that you can cut it out .
Knowing how to remedy a separate collar is not enough, you besides need to know sour to prevent your pinpoint from splitting in the first rate .
Category : Nail center