REVIEW – Maybelline SuperStay Gel Nail Color:
- Formula: 4-FREE, not fast-drying. The formula is creamy, highly pigmented and feels different to usual polish. Two coats required to get fully opaque coverage.
- Application: The polishes have an extra-thick brush that makes application easy. Dries evenly without any streaks, doesn’t go bubbly and is easy to remove/clean up. Just like a typical polish.
- Finish: all Maybelline Super Stay Gel polishes are classic opaque creams. They are pretty glossy on their own but look even better with a glossy top coat.
- Nail Art: Perfect for any kind of nail art or details. The formula is really easy to work with.
- Do they really last 7 days? Maybelline claim the new SuperStay Gel Nail color can last up to 7 days. I’ve been wearing just nail polish for 2 days and it looked fine, no chipping. On the 3rd day I added a top coat, when I added the blue dots. So the polish shrank a tiny bit and lifted my ‘wrapped’ tips. Still, it lasted for another 3 days, where 1 day was dedicated house-work and I didn’t wear gloves on purpose. So on the 6th day, after the house work day, I saw first signs of wear. First chips occurred at the end of Day 6. Photos of how my manicure looked on Day 7 below.
* Extra Notes: Maybelline SuperStay Gel Nail Color is a hybrid polish, technically is not a ‘ gelatin ’. I believe it ’ s a market motivate for brands that are trying to take advantage of the growing popularity of gelatin manicures. They have come up with a hybrid rule that is meant to be more durable than standard polish. Unlike gels, the hybrid ( alleged “ gelatin ” ) polishes do not require curing under a UV/LED lamp and are applied like any other polish. besides, hybrid polishes do not require soaking to be removed but they besides don ’ triiodothyronine last arsenic long as veridical gelatin does.
Read more: Target’s new nail polish line?! Defy & Inspire Bachelor (Swatches, Review & Wear Test) – Chez Adrienne
Overall Impression: if you ’ ra looking for an low-cost, big quality polish that is besides durable, the Maybelline SuperStay Gel Nail Color stove is definately worth a sample. The only downside for me is the color range is limited. It merely includes 11 classical colours and 1 clear polish, Maybelline, we need more colours of this amazing polish ! Availability: Maybelline SuperStay Gel Nail Color polish available in Australia via Priceline, $ 7.95 ( presently 3 for 2 offer ) here or in US around $ 4. Wearing: Maybelline SuperStay Gel # 625 Forevermore Green and # 635 Surreal ( blue dots ), plus, Essie Good To Go circus tent coat.
What do you think about the new Maybelline SuperStay Gel polishes ? Did you try them or any early hybrid polishes ? What was your have like ? – Maria, twenty Did you enjoy this post?
then stay in partake by subscribing to our weekly newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates .
Category : Nail polish