Endorsed by assorted celebrities from Kylie Jenner to Ariana Grande, fake nails are the new normal ! I ’ ve put together a comprehensive examination resource where you can find A to Z about breeze through extensions .
smash Extensions : A thing of Past Rather Than a recent discovery
Did you know, the ancient Chinese considered long nail to be a symbol of condition ?
Long nails conveyed that the wearer is therefore feeder that they can afford to have laughably long smash since they have no arduous chores or tasks to do !
The Chinese were then haunted with maintaining long nails that they even had nail down guards ( made from materials ranging from woodwind to tortoiseshell to gold and precious stones ) to protect and beautify the long nails. Dowager Empress Cixi has been documented wearing nails arsenic long as SIX inches !
This impression was besides prevailing in other communities, the egyptian civilization for case. even to this day, in some cultures, long nails are indicators of an individual ’ randomness high social digest .
Just another fun fact: The Chinese were besides the foremost to introduce nail polish, which was chiefly made from egg whites and beeswax amongst early things. As a topic of fact, according to historians, the aristocrats of the Zhou dynasty of 600 BC painted their nails with flatware and gold dust .
What’s All the Hype About Nail Extensions?
No matter what social media platform you use, your run must be swarming with ocular media containing nail down artwork and pinpoint extensions. naturally, you must be curious about this modern viral vogue around nail extensions before and after transformations that has everyone salivate !
so, let me help you out .
Nail extensions involve the addition of an artificial gratuity to the point of your breeze through to increase the length. The appendix is then strengthened by covering it in gel, acrylic, or fiberglass. On the other hired hand, the artificial nail may besides be affixed over your natural nails ; consequently, bypassing the usage of the nail tips. The former approach is called “ Tips, ” while the latter is called “ Forms. ”
At confront, even though a draw of people crave to have long nails, some of us are not fortunate enough to have healthy and beautiful nails. I, for one, am prone to cliff-hanging out of anxiety. other reasons for not being able to grow out your nails could be breakage at a certain distance, brittle or splittable nails, or a cliff-hanging habit. For us, nail extensions act as the perfect shortcut to achieve our dream nails .
Nail extensions on bitten nails, short nails, or broken nails is the best way to conceal pinpoint imperfections and to get beautiful, long nails. besides, even if you do have perfect, impregnable nails, why would you want to wait for the entire duration to grow them out ? Imagine – you could be blessed with long nails in just an hour !
What are the Various Types of Nail Extensions ?
The collar extension techniques are categorized based on the material and how they are attached to your nails. Read on to know more about them .
What are acrylic Nail Extensions ?
Acrylic complete extensions are the most park character of nail reference that about everyone knows about ! The acrylic fiber nail is made out of a monomer fluent mix with a polymer gunpowder to form a paste that is glued onto your natural nail down and tiptoe. This paste hardens over fourth dimension and can last a dependable 3 to 4 weeks .
- Acrylic extensions are suitable for women with brittle and weak nails.
- Acrylics are good for women, who have a habit of chewing their nails as they are very hard to chew off.
- Acrylic nails have been around longer than their counterparts, so, most nail technicians at salons and spas have a lot of experience about how to apply and remove these nails.
- You don’t have to worry about side effects as such.
- They last longer than gel nails.
- They can damage your natural nail underneath, if not removed properly.
- As Acrylic nails are artificial enhancements, they present a fake look. You need a very talented technician who can apply your acrylics as close to natural ones.
- Application of acrylic nails involves the use of strong chemicals and the formation of fumes. Some women may have an allergy to such substances.
- You need refilling every month which means extra expenditure.
Acrylic Nail Extensions Price
At a salon, acrylic nail extension starts at about INR 2099 for the full typeset and some INR 1499 for refills. On the other hand, acrylic nail extension kits are available for arsenic low as INR 325 .
What are Gel Nail Extensions?
Gel breeze through extensions, besides called gelatin overlays, involve the lotion of a layer of thick crystalline gel on your natural nail or nail down extensions. These require the usage of LED or UV unhorse vulnerability to set effectively .
- Since they are extremely lightweight, they cause the least amount of discomfort
- Unlike other nail treatments, gel nail extensions do not have any odor
- They do not cause any damage to your natural nails, in fact, they protect your natural nails and help them grow
- Gel nail extensions appear more natural
- Due to its flexibility, gel nails not only sit easy but are also resistant to chipping
- Environmentally safe
- Can be a bit expensive
- Since gel nail extensions require UV light for setting, you can’t just simply get a gel nail extensions kit to try getting gel nail extensions at home
- They last only about 14 days, which makes them less durable
- Removing gel nails can be very tricky and time-consuming
Gel Nail Extensions Price :
Gel nail extensions cost around INR 2999 for the full set at a nail salon and an extra sum of INR 1499 for refills. You may come across some polygel nail extensions kit that is available for about INR 4000 .
What are Fiberglass Nail Extensions ?
Fiberglass pinpoint annex is besides known as silk extensions or silk breeze through wraps. This pinpoint extension overture does not enjoy the lapp grade of popularity as acrylic and gel nail extensions do .
Fiberglass is a synthetic substantial that is stronger than silk. Either of the corporeal is cut to fit the nail bed or the topple and sealed using a resin or glue. The adhesive material sets when an activator is sprayed on it .
- Ideal for those who suffer from allergies to chemical products used in acrylic or gel nail extensions
- Gives off a very natural appearance
- Easy to remove
- They are odorless
Read more: Top 10 Best Nail Salons in Fort Worth, Texas
- Needs regular maintenance after every 14 days
- Not very sturdy and prone to chipping
- The most expensive option for getting nail extensions
- Not suited for: people with damaged or irregular shaped nails and nail-biters
Fiberglass Nail Extensions Price :
Getting fiberglass complete extensions from a professional may cost you at least bureau of intelligence and research 3499 for a full hardening and about INR 1999 for alimony. Online stores may not be brimming with fiberglass nail extension kits to buy, but you can inactive find something for approximately INR 999.
Is permanent Nail Extension a Thing ?
sol far, I have heard references to permanent smash extension, but in my feel no nail extension is permanent. And thank God for that because it would differently be a catastrophe for your natural collar ! Your natural nails will be unable to breathe and will grow brittle over time. And don ’ metric ton get me started about the condition of your nail beds ! furthermore, if you do not follow up for infills, you could be at risk of contracting infections .
Some manicurist may offer a durable nail down proficiency under the eye-grabbing ad of permanent collar extensions. In such a scenario, they are offering you gel collar extensions. The manicurist will employ a technique called airbrushing to lay the gelatin and manipulation UV rays to cure it .
Permanent nail extension price sulfur may vary according to your requirements, the salon rates, and the consultation offered by the nail technician. Getting permanent wave collar extension may cost you about INR 3599 for a start .
Do remember that the definition of “ permanent ” here is merely long last followed by touch-ups and alimony.
The Ultimate confrontation : Gel Nail Extensions vs Acrylic Nail Extensions
now that you know the versatile types of breeze through extensions, you may be wondering which one is better. Being the two most democratic methods to get smash extensions, I am restricting my comparison to Gel versus Acrylic nail down extensions .
What Fares Better ?
quite honestly, the answer to this question is pretty subjective. As an individual, timbre or feature that I may want, which acts as the decisive factor, could be superficial for person else. So no ‘ one collar proficiency suits all. ’
so, to break it down, I have created a comparison mesa from which you can make the perfect nibble for yourself.
|Hardening Process||Harden on exposure to air||Harden on exposure to UV light|
|Toughness||Are harder||Are softer, more pliable|
|Susceptibility to Damage||Can chip on experiencing some amount of pressure||Can withstand a larger amount of stress due to its flexibility; Resistant to chipping and smudging|
|Ease of Application/Removal||Fairly easy to apply and remove||Needs special equipment for application and are somewhat easy to remove|
|Maintenance||Requires negligible amount of maintenance||Regular follow ups are necessary|
Acrylic nail extensions kit are easily available at affordable rates
|Are costlier than acrylics:
Nail extensions gel kit is much more expensive and relatively difficult to find
|Safety||May damage or breed infection in natural nail bed if not applied correctly||Gel nail tip extensions are actually good for the nails as they act as reinforcing layers that enhance nail strength|
|Durability||Last for about 3-4 weeks||Last nearly 2 weeks|
|Professional Assistance||Does not require any professional assistance||Unless you own a UV gel nail extensions kit, professional assistance is required|
|Final Appearance||May look slightly artificial||Have a more naturalistic look|
Things to Consider Before Fixing Your future Nail date
All this discussion revolving around pinpoint extensions must have gotten you excited adequate to dial up your breeze through salon. But before you reach out for your call, here are a few things that you need to consider :
- Don’t go pinching for pennies while deciding on a salon. An established salon will offer a well-trained staff with years of experience under their belt. Plus, you can be sure that they follow hygienic practices.
- You may be tempted to prep your nails before your appointment, but I would advise you to let the manicurist do it instead. Different nail extensions may need natural nails of varying shape or style. So leave it to the professionals.
- Be ready to dedicate a good 1-2 hours for your nail job. Remember, a hurried manicure is a bad manicure – so be patient.
- Back to back nail appointments are a big NO-NO. After every treatment, you need to allow your nails some time to heal.
- Now that you know that there is more than just one type of nail extension, you should have a clear idea as to what you want. Discuss your vision with the consultant and they will guide you accordingly.
- You should feel confident enough to dedicate a good amount of care for the upkeep of your natural nails.
- Any nail treatment is discouraged for pregnant women. This is because of the chemicals involved in achieving those gorgeous talons.
DIY Nail Extensions Kit
If you want to try nail extensions at home, you will need to put together a pinpoint extension kit. For a basic manicure, here ’ s a list of the assortment of items that you will need :
artificial Nail Tips
Tips are largely made of fictile. There are respective types and styles of nail tips available at on-line and offline stores. You could get your hands on some white and clear pinpoint tips. On the other hand, you can make your pick from nail down tips decked up with glitter, designs, and colors .
personally, I prefer the white tips for the perfect french Manicure as they are dateless and never go out of style .
Some acrylic nail extensions professional kit may come with breeze through extensions containing press-on glue. however, it does help to keep nail glue handy. It not lone acts as a big adhesive material but can besides add lastingness and strength to your nail job .
Assembling a manicure kit at base is easy, you will good need a few nail wish and basic accessories. here ’ s a list of some substantive tools that you can keep :
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton pads or swabs
- Nail buffer and nail file
- Cuticle pushers
- Cuticle/Callus Remover
- Hand moisturizer
- Almond oil (for nails)
- Nail polish
- Clear top coat or Lacquer
Fine nosed, acute scissors will besides do the antic here. But I would recommend getting a dedicate breeze through tiptoe cutter for the occupation. Nail lean cutters allow you to cut the collar to the desired distance and human body. With one swift motion, you can cleanly cut off the talk through one’s hat nail tips as per the ask size. Some nail down topple cutters even come with catchers that will grab any isolated clippings or smash bits .
Aftercare and Maintenance Tips
Considering that you invest a good measure of time and money into your nails, it is essential to take caution of it besides. furthermore, not taking good care of the nails could damage your natural nails .
I am sharing with you a few pointers that that will help with aftercare and sustenance of collar extensions :
- Refrain from biting, peeling, or picking at your nails for it may alter your nail structure or mess up your nail extensions.
- Wear rubber gloves to protect your nails if and when you work with harsh chemicals such as detergents.
- Make it a daily routine to moisturize your hands and to nourish your cuticles with cuticle oil
- Avoid using your nail extensions as tools
- Make it a point to follow up at your nail salon to infills, touch up, and clip your natural nails.
- Immediately follow up with your nail technician if the nail extension appears damaged or is lifting.
- Dry your hands thoroughly and moisturize your hands and cuticles as regularly as possible.
- Practice caution while around a naked flame or high heat as it may cause the melting of the nail extension.
- Apply a layer of a basecoat before applying nail polish over gel nail extensions to prevent staining
- Do not use acetone-based nail polish removers as it may dissolve the nail extensions.
- Remember: You can always have fun with your nails. Even if you have gotten a specific nail art from the salon, you can try out something new on the same tips before it turns boring. Simply remove the nail art using nail polish remover (without acetone) and get creative on your blank canvas!
childlike Steps to Remove Nail Extensions at Home
ideally, nail extensions must be removed by the complete technician who has applied them. however, in the case of acrylic breeze through extensions, the action of removing the breeze through propagation is equally easy as applying it. You can remove the nail down at base provided that you dedicate sufficient time and patience to carry it out absolutely .
The process of removing nail extensions is called soaking and can be done as follows :
- Step 1: Find a large glass bowl in which you can comfortably dip your hands and fill it with acetone-based nail polish remover.
- Step 2: If your nail extensions are long, clip them down to the tips of your finger.
- Step 3: Apply a generous layer of petroleum jelly over your fingers and cuticles to minimize the dehydrating effect of acetone on the skin.
- Step 4: Dip your hands in the bowl and let it stay in the nail polish remover for 15 to 30 minutes or until all the layers present on the nail completely come off. To assist in the removal of layers, you can also use a cloth dipped in acetone.
- Step 5: Once all the layers are out, remove your hands from the liquid and dry them off. Moisturize your fingers, cuticles, and hands that had been soaked. If required, clip your nails and file them. Gently buff your natural nails to remove any residue.
IMPORTANT NOTE : At no point during the smash reference removal should you try to pull off the nail or residual products. Allow everything to get dissolved and peel off on its own. Attempting to expedite the march by manual of arms removal may cause great damage to your natural nails and pinpoint beds .
Who doesn ’ metric ton love beautifully manicured hands ?
personally, I feel that nails are an extension of your body and deserve an adequate amount of concern. I often think of them as an accessory to glam up a expect or to turn up the dramatic flare. Plus, smash extensions helped me quit my cliff-hanging habit, so that ’ s another winnings !
Read more: Top 10 Best Nail Salons in Dallas, Texas
If you ’ ra reasonably confident about your DIY skills, then I would suggest that you invest in a nail extensions kit set. The nail extension kit price in India could range from anything between Rs. 180 to Rs. 15,200 depending on the brand, number of items, and character. finally, with regular use, the kit will pay for itself. On the other hand, for those barely starting, I would strongly recommend getting your nails done by the professionals .
With proper care and sustenance, you can have stunning nails to die for !
You are thinking of a ally or colleague who can use this wealth of information to know more about pinpoint extensions ? share this with them !