1. Line your nails with petroleum jelly before painting them for easy clean-up. By doing this, you will create a barrier between the polish and your bark so any mistakes you make will wipe right off .
2. Use a white nail polish as your base coat to make your nail color pop. Unless the polish you ’ ra using is truly opaque, the natural shade of your nails will alter its shade. To have the polish show up more true to color ( like it is in the bottle ), apply a white polish advance to cancel out that natural nail tint and amplify the color .
3. Speed up your drying time by soaking your nails in ice water after painting them. Believe it or not, the cold water will set the paint and help your nails dry flying.
MORE: How to Make Your Nails Look Great Without Nail Polish
4. Use the tip of your tongue to fix smudged polish. It ’ s sol crazy it merely might work, and it actually does ! If you smudge almost-dry nails, readjust the paint with the peak of your tongue, because unlike your finger, it ’ randomness soft enough to fix the rouge without leaving any imprints behind .
5. Remove stubborn polish by wrapping your nails in foil. If your nail polish just won ’ thymine stir when you try to take it off, soak a cotton pad in smash polish remover, put it on your nail, and wrap a slice of foil around your finger to hold the cotton slog in invest against your nail. Leave the foil wraps on your nails for a few minutes. future, slide the foil off along with the cotton and your polish will come off with it, excessively.
Read more: 15 Hacks to Make Nail Polish Last Longer
6. Paint white craft glue underneath glitter polish for easy removal. Glitter nail polish can be a pain to remove. To avoid the headache, paint your nails with glue before going in with the glitter. This direction, when it comes time to say adieu to the sparkles, you won ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate have to scrub. You ’ ll be able to peel back the glue, bringing the glitter right along with it .
7. Roll your nail polish bottle to avoid air bubbles. We ’ re used to shaking our bottles up and devour before we paint our nails to mix up the polish, but doing this can actually create bubbles. To mix things up, ( bubble-free, that is ), hold the bottle between your palms and rub your hands back and forth alternatively.
8. Loosen a stubborn nail polish lid by soaking it in hot water. Can ’ triiodothyronine get your nail polish open ? Just add some hot body of water to the mix. Fill a glass with steam water high enough to cover the lid, but being careful not to soak the bottle of rouge, as that can mess up the consistency of the polish. Wait a few minutes before taking the complete polish out of the body of water. Once you do, you ’ ll easily be able to open the eyelid .
MORE: Tricks to Take Off Every Type of Manicure
9. Spread petroleum jelly around the top of the bottle before closing it to prevent the polish from drying shut. To prevent a eyelid from getting stuck shut in the future, add petroleum gelatin to the top of your polish bottle before you close it .