See 109 colors of retro Revlon nail polish from 1981
The professional nail enamel you can use at home
Dries fast. Looks wet. stubbornly resists chip. so all-around sensational, professional manicurists use it. On the job. And at home .
Manicure and nail care tips for your retro Revlon nail polish
If you have hands and nails looking the way they should, here are suggestions on how to keep them that way:
- Avoid using nails to open jars or to scrape lobster meat from claws. If it’s worth getting to, it’s worth using the proper utensil.
- Open jewelry clasps or lockets with a metal nail file rather than fingernails.
- Always use a pen or pencil to dial a phone and knuckles to press for an elevator.
- Don’t keep hands in chemicals or hot water for long periods of time.
- If you love to soak in a hot tub for hours, try to keep your hands out of the water as much as possible.
- Moisturize hands every time you moisturize your face.
- Avoid picking at nail polish. You may pull off a layer of the nail and weaken it.
- Wash hair with the pads of your fingers rather than your nails. It’s better for circulation and manicure.
Take good wish of your hands. You ’ ll notice less breakage and durable manicures when you pay care to what you do with those reasonably fingers .
– Marcia Fine, Beauty Plus ( Published in the Arizona Republic, January 20, 1981 )
MORE: See the top vintage nail polish brands and colors from the 20th century
Nail polish: 109 landmark colors, from who else but Revlon?
Vintage ’80s nail polish: Metallics, beiges & browns
Super Platinum, Pure Pearl, Natural, Sea Ivory, Shell Platinum, Ipanema Gold
Bronzed Beige, Glossiest Brown, Vanilla Orchid, Mocha Mauve, Pink Crystal, Golden Ginger
Misty Taupe, Summertan ( Frost ), Misty Mocha, Sweet Clove, Summertan ( Crystalline ), Windsor
Le Mood Jazz, Smoked Topax, Copperglaze Wine, Copper Frost, Copperglaze Brown, Toffee Smoke
Sienna Silk, Misty Toffee, Raisin Brown, Love That Red, Misty Cinnamon, Sandalwood Beige
ALSO SEE: How to get beautiful nails: 9 tips for your next mani-pedi
’80s retro Revlon nail polish: Creams & browns
Frostiest Pink, Blush Platinum, Snow Lilac, Pink Spicing, China Almond
Cocoa Pearl, Sand Beige, Bronze Platinum, Gingerpeachy, Polished Amber
about Red, Cherry Blossom, Misty Lilac, Wild Rice, Earthy Cinnamon
Plum Silk, Daring Young Red ( Crystalline ), Rosewine, Earthcoral, Sunny Red
african Violet, Wine With Everything ( Creme ), Wine ( Crystalline ), sable Silk, Foxy Brown
Vintage ’80s nail polish colors: Pinks & reds
Colors : Spunsugar Pink, Chili Peach, Pebble Pink, Pink Cognac, Copperglaze Platinum
Powder Pink, Mandarin Coral, Copperglaze Bronize, Daring Young Red ( Creme ), Carioca Pink
Mocha Polka, Ming Rose, Misty Coral, Rio, Flowering Plum
Rose Rubies, Summertan ( Creme ), Mahogany Red, Blackrose, Sienna Brown
Red Your Way, Midnight Orchid, Brown Orchid, Little Red Russet, Cherry Red Your Way
ALSO SEE: Blue eyeshadow: The good, the bad & the ugly vintage makeup
Vintage ’80s nail polish shades: Peaches and reds
Silvered Rose, Bronzeglow, Tiajuana Bronze, Naked Pink, Silver Lilac, Chilliest Rose
Cadillac Red ( Crystalline ), Fire Pearl, Misty Plum, Goldleaf Red, Copperglaze, Misty Mauve
Fire & Ice, Shanghai Scarlet, Cadillac Red ( Creme ), Heather Silk, Coppergold, Gingerpeachy ( Crystalline )
Le Mood Jazz, Almost Red ( Creme ) Sly Red, Wild Cinnamon, Bamboo Wine, Dragon Red
Read more: Holographic and Iridescent Nail Polish
raven Red, Burgundy Pearl, Kola Nut, amerind Spice, Blackberry
ALSO SEE: Nail polish ads from the ’80s: Popular colors & top brands (1980-1989)