TRIGEN◊ INTERTAN◊ Hip Fracture Solution
The TRIGEN◊ INTERTAN◊ Intertrochanteric Nail is designed to provide enhance stability for the haunt of intertrochanteric hip fractures .
The innovative design of the TRIGEN INTERTAN complete provides solutions to many of the challenges of hip fractures .
- Challenge: Post-Operative Complications Solution: Lower risk of implant failure and non-union1
- Challenge: Pain management Solution: Reduced post-operative pain1
- Challenge: Delayed healing Solution: Faster time to fracture union1
- Challenge: Poor functional outcomes Solution: Proven high return to pre-fracture status1
The INTERTAN difference
The goal of hip fracture compensate is to put the break bones back together, so they can heal american samoa cursorily as possible .
The TRIGEN INTERTAN Integrated Compression Screws provide regular compression while the bone fragments mend ; the two screws help maintain constancy after healing. This combination of compression and constancy helps to reduce the find of postoperative complications such as rotation and crack up of the injured bone when compared to individual cheat devices.2-4
By contrast, single screw devices rely on weight bearing to maintain the necessary compaction between the hip read/write head and bone. unfortunately, this can permit uncontrolled rotational bowel movement and the electric potential for shortening the femoral neck which could change a patient ‘s natural measurements and limb distance when compared to single cheat devices.2, 5-7
Studies show that INTERTAN performs better in these critical areas :
- 69% reduction in implant related failure1
- 73% reduction in delayed healing1
- 54% reduction in chronic hip and thigh pain1
The TRIGEN INTERTAN nail is the merely nail with the following design features :
Read more: 10 Types Of Manicures You Should Know About
Smith & Nephew ‘s unique double Integrated Compression Screws ( ICS ) are designed to maintain stability of the femoral steer ( hep ball ) by pulling it tightly to the hip bone and preventing it from rotating out of situation .
preferably than a simpleton round form, the INTERTAN is designed to provide a press-fit in the hep bone and provide persuasiveness where the forces are highest .
The lower tip of the nail is designed to decrease the stress on the hip bone while being inserted and reduce post-operative second joint pain.
TRIGEN INTERTAN delivers proven results
Patients treated with INTERTAN have been shown to experience less pain and consequently may feel more comfortable weight bearing on their plant postoperatively. This has resulted in a importantly shorter length of hospital stay, about 3 weeks faster time to fracture union and prove high return to pre-fracture status.1,8,9
INTERTAN is the clinically proven choice!
TRIGEN INTERTAN Claims Brochure
Important safety notes
not all patients are candidates for the TRIGEN INTERTAN Hip Fracture Procedure. Discuss your discipline and discussion options with your surgeon. individual results of hip fracture compensate can vary. There are electric potential risks to hip fracture surgery such as implant failure, limb length discrepancy, loss of anatomic military position ( nonunion, malunion with rotation or angulation ), infections ( both trench and superficial ), irritational injury of soft tissue ( including impingement syndrome ), and alloy sensitivity reactions and/or allergic reactions to foreign materials. Do not perform high impact activities such as running and jumping unless your surgeons tells you these activities are acceptable. early device failure, breakage or relax may occur if you do not follow your surgeon ‘s limitations on natural process horizontal surface, fail to control body weight or suffer from accidents such as falls. The information on this web site is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice. Every patient ‘s case is alone and each affected role should follow his or her doctor of the church ‘s specific instructions. Please discus nutrition, medication and treatment options with your doctor to make sure you are getting the proper care for your especial site .
- Nherera, L., Dunbar, C., Ridgway, J., Horner, A. The TRIGEN INTERTAN Intertrochanteric Antegrade Nail: A Systematic Literature Review and Meta-analysis of Clinical Outcomes Compared to Standard of Care in the Treatment of Intertrochanteric Hip Fractures. 2017;4(1).
- Serrano, R., Blair, J.A., Watson, D.T., et al. Cephalomedullary Nail Fixation of Intertrochanteric Femur Fractures: Are Two Proximal Screws Better Than One? Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2017;31(11):577-582.
- Hoffmann, S., Paetzold, R., Stephan, D., et al. Biomechanical Evaluation of Interlocking Lag Screw Design in Intramedullary Nailing of Unstable Pertrochanteric Fractures. Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2013;27(9):483-490.
- Santoni, B.G., Nayak, A.N., Cooper, S.A., et al. Comparison of Femoral Head Rotation and Varus Collapse Between a Single Lag Screw and Integrated Dual Screw Intertrochanteric Hip Fracture Fixation Device Using a Cadaveric Hemi-Pelvis. Biomechanical Model. Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2016 Apr;30(4):164-9
- Yu, W., Zhang, X., Zhu, X., Hu, J., Liu, Y. A retrospective analysis of the InterTan nail and proximal femoral nail anti-rotation-Asia in the treatment of unstable intertrochanteric femur fractures in the elderly. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research. 2016;11.
- Wu, D., Ren, G., Peng, C., et al. InterTan nail versus Gamma3 nail for intramedullary nailing of unstable trochanteric fractures. Diagnostic Pathology. 2014;9(1):191.
- Su, H., Sun, K., Wang, X. A randomized prospective comparison of Intertan and Gamma3 for treating unstable intertrochanteric fractures. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine. 2016;9(5):8640-8647.
- Nherera. A meta-analysis of integrated compression screw compared to single screw nails using a single lag screw or single helical blade screw for intertrochanteric hip fractures. Rheumatology and Orthopedic Medicine. 2018;3(4):1-10.
- Berger-Groch, J., Rupprecht, M., Schoepper, S., et al. Five-Year Outcome Analysis of Intertrochanteric Femur Fractures: A Prospective Randomized Trial Comparing a 2-Screw and a Single-Screw Cephalomedullary Nail. Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2016;30(9):483-488.