After you break a pinpoint, you ‘re left with a few choices : Do you file it down and clip the rest of your nails to match ? Do you try and fix it by gluing the breeze through back together ? The method acting you choose to fix a break nail is ultimately up to you, but the adept news is that it can be fixed, so all promise is not lost after one annoying break. To learn more about the best break nail remedies, we tapped pro manicurists, who gave us their top tips.
How to fix a broken nail:
1. Grab some nail glue.
“ At the first spy of a break complete, you should immediately apply some glue to the breeze through and hold it down for at least three to five minutes, ” advises Marcela Correa, smash expert, licensed aesculapian pedicurist, and laminitis of Medi Pedi NYC. To fix a break pinpoint using glue, she advises following these easy steps :
- Gently buff the surface of the nail.
- Apply a layer of nail glue to the break and hold the broken piece in place for three to five minutes, allowing it to fuse with the natural nail. Do not stop holding together until the glue is dry.
- Buff the top of the nail until it is smooth and even, removing any excess glue.
- File down any uneven surfaces or sides that might cause the nail to break even further.
- Follow up with a sturdy layer of strengthening polish and a shiny topcoat.
2. Try a nail repair kit.
orly smash rescue orly Nail Rescue $ 16.63shop it amazon According to Brittney Boyce, a professional manicurist and collapse of Nails Of LA press-on nail extensions, one of the most effective ways to repair a break pinpoint is to invest in a kit that contains all the products and tools you need to re-strengthen that collar. She recommends this orly kit, as it comes with glue, powderize, and a mini file so you have everything you need in one purchase.
- Start by lightly buffing the crack or break.
- Apply a small amount of glue over the broken area.
- Dip your finger into the powder, making sure to cover the broken area fully, then tap off any excess product.
- Allow the powder and glue to dry completely.
- Follow up with nail polish and a topcoat.
*If you feel like you need more support, repeat the process before applying polish. According to Boyce, this solution should last about a week.
Read more: Nail salon technology
3. Use a fake nail.
amazon artificial nails BTArtBox Artificial Nailsshop it amazon sometimes, when you ‘re faced with a in truth bad pause that is n’t salvageable, your best stake for maintaining the count of your mani is to fake it with an artificial nail.
- File down the break or buff out the crack so your nail is smooth and even.
- Apply a dab of nail glue to your natural nail and to the back of the artificial nail.
- Place the artificial nail over the natural one and press down with even pressure for at least 60 seconds.
- Shape and file the artificial nail to match the rest of your manicure.
- Paint with desired polish color.
4. Strengthen it with a silk wrap.
silk wraps for nails SuperNail Swiss Silk Pre-Shaped Self Adhesive Wrap Tabs $ 5.85shop it Walmart silk wraps are a boom for decrepit, brittle, or broken nails, and the full news program is that our pros say you can easily do them at home plate. They ‘re precisely what they sound like : modest pieces of silk wrapped around your smash that are then secured with collar glue before being filed and painted. Think of them kind of like a Band-Aid for the break complete that will keep it intact until it grows out.
- Make sure the nail is clean and dry from any oil or debris.
- Buff and trim it down so that the surface is smooth.
- Apply a thin layer of nail glue or resin to the broken area.
- Trim a silk wrap so that it fits over the nail break. Then, lay it onto the nail plate using tweezers. (If you don’t have a silk wrap on hand, you can also make a DIY one out of an empty tea bag.)
- Dab a bit of resin over the wrap until it blends seamlessly with the rest of the nail.
- When dry, buff, shape, and file the nail.
- Paint with polish to match the rest of your manicure.
5. File it down.
borken nail file, how to fix a broken nail
“ If you ‘re approve with just filing down the nails, that ‘s credibly the easiest way to deal with crack nails, ” says Boyce, who explains that the supreme headquarters allied powers europe of your smash besides matters. According to her, “ square nails tend to be prone to breakage. I normally recommend almond and ellipse shapes—they ‘re less prone to breakage, and they equitable look chic. ” We know that sometimes this is the final thing you want to do when one nail breaks, but it does the trick.
- Clip off the broken piece.
- File your nail from one outer corner to the middle, using even strokes in the same direction. Then, do the same thing from the opposite corner to complete your desired shape.
- Buff out the top of the nail’s surface and any remaining rough spots.
- Follow with polish or nail strengthener.
Remember : Be ennoble with your nails. If you frequently get mousse manicures, try giving your nails a interruption every few weeks and applying a nail down strengthener. This will help prevent frustrating breaks in the future and keep your nails looking their best .
Category : Nail Technique