It is a common drill by most women to go for frequent pedicures and use pinpoint polish to make toenails appear more beautiful and presentable. Some women may, however, notice white spots on toenails after removing nail polish .
What Do White Spots On Toenails Mean?
presence of white spots or lines on toenails is called “ leukonychia ”. It is a reasonably common finding on nails of any person and they appear as milky-white spots. These spots can be seen on nails of women once pinpoint polish is removed.
White spots on toenails are relatively harmless and not associated with any serious aesculapian discipline. Their appearance may vary from person to person in the form of a count of musca volitans deliver and the nails on which they appear. This article will take you through causes for white spots on toenails along with treatment and how you can get rid of these spots by using home remedies .
Causes For White Spots On Toenails After Removing Polish
by and large, onset, duration and history of any associate signs and symptoms indicate to a probable diagnosis .
The board below explains some of the possible causes of having strange white spots on toenails .
|Duration Of Nail Polish||
|Injured Nail Bed||
Some clinical conditions associated with egg white spots or lines on nails are
- Renal failure
- Skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema
- Arsenic poisoning
- Cardiovascular illnesses.
These clinical conditions besides present with their characteristic signs and symptoms .
Treatment For White Spots On Toenails After Removing Polish
treatment for white spots on toenails does not need any medications unless there is a serious attested implicit in infection or associated medical condition.
Read more: Best metallic nail polish
Your sophisticate may advise you medications if you have white spots due to contagion or mineral deficiencies .
- You may be given anti-allergic medications if you happen to develop a severe reaction towards nail polish.
- You may receive antifungal medications or ointment if white spots on nails are due to fungal infection.
- Your doctor may prescribe zinc and calcium supplements if you have a deficiency of one of these minerals.
The stick to things need to be kept in heed to manage and avoid getting white spots on toenails after removing nail polish
- Avoid going for pedicures too frequently. It is important to keep the nails free from chemicals in between two sessions.
- It is a fairly easy task to keep the nails clean and maintain hygiene to avoid infections.
- Avoid injury to exerting too much pressure on the toenails.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting shoes or sandals which make your feet uncomfortable. Wear footwear which allows your feet to breathe.
- It is important to keep checking your nails for signs of infection.
- If you notice an allergic reaction towards using nail polish, you need to discontinue its use.
It is, however, important to visit the doctor to rule out the hypothesis of infections which may be causing white spots on your toenails .
Home Remedies For White Spots On Toenails After Removing Polish
The follow self-care tips at home can help you avoid and treat white spots on toenails
- Keep your nails and cuticles moisturized to avoid dryness of skin and development of white spots on nails.
- Change nail polish once in 4-5 days. Allow your nails to be free from nail polish for a few days before applying it again.
- Use of natural home remedies which have anti-infective, antibacterial and antifungal properties to nails and cuticles prevent infections and subsequently avoid development of white spots.
Some of the below-mentioned home remedies besides have excellent anti-oxidant properties
- Tea tree oil
- Coconut oil
- Baking soda fungal
- Garlic oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lavender oil
- Lemon juice
Eat a well-balanced diet along with adequate hydration to maintain a good nutritional status .
In women, specially those who have attained menopause, it is crucial to visit the doctor regularly to check bone mineral density and rake test for serum calcium. This is because calcium depletion occurs quickly post-maturity .
As mentioned above, white spots on toenails are harmless in most conditions and consequently do not require any specific treatment. however, you need to visit a repair if the spots start becoming unusually large or worsen along with other signs and symptoms .
Read more: 15 Best Matte Nail Polishes To Try in 2021
Dr. Archana Tegwal is presently working as a lecturer in under-graduate staff of Homoeopathy in Jawaharlal Nehru Homoeopathic Medical College, Parul University, Vadodara ( Gujarat ). She has done BHMS & MD in Homeopathic Materia Medica in March 2016 from Dr. V.H.Dave Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Anand ( Gujarat ). She besides serves as a regional coach in NGO “ World Healing Society Foundation ” .
Category : Nail polish